- Ph. D., Economics, University of California, San Diego, 1997
- B.S., Economics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1991
Òscar Jordà is a UC Davis professor of economics who specializes in macroeconomics, central banking and monetary policy.
Professor Jordà studies time series econometrics, macroeconomics, monetary economics and international finance.
- Jordà, Ò, K. Knoll, D. Kuvshinov, M. Schularick, and A. M. Taylor. "The Rate of Return on Everything: 1870-2015." Quarterly Journal of Economics (forthcoming).
- Jordà, Ò, M. Schularick, and A. M. Taylor. "Sovereigns Versus Banks: Credit Crises and Consequences." Journal of the European Economic Association (2016), 14(1): 45-79.
- Jordà, Ò. "Estimation and Inference of Impulse Responses by Local Projections." American Economic Review (2005), 95.1: 161–182.
- Hamilton, J. D., and Ò. Jordà. "A Model for the Federal Funds Rate Target." Journal of Political Economy (2002), 110.5 : 1135–1167.
Òscar Jordà teaches ECN 140, undergraduate econometrics; 240A, graduate econometrics; and 240E graduate Time Series Topics.