- Ph.D., Economics, Stanford University, 1988
- M.S., Statistics, Stanford University, 1982
- B.Ec. (Hons.), Econometrics Australian National University, 1977
Colin Cameron is professor of economics at the University of California, Davis. He is also a member of the UCD Graduate Group in Statistics, a faculty member of the Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care at UC Davis, serves on several university committees, and is a Visiting Professor at the School of Economics at the University of Sydney. He is associate editor of The Stata Journal. Dr. Cameron is the co-author of three graduate-level books in microeconometrics methods (Microeconometrics: Methods and Applications, Microeconometrics using Stata, and Regression Analysis of Count Data) and has presented many short courses around the world. He is also the author of the undergraduate text Analysis of Economics Data: An Introduction to Econometrics.
Dr. Cameron’s research focuses on econometrics. His research specialty is econometric theory for cross-section data, especially count data and models with clustered errors, and applications to labor economics and health economics data.
- Cameron, A. C., and D. L. Miller. "A Practitioner's Guide to Cluster-Robust Inference." Journal of Human Resources 50.2 (2015): 317-372.
- Cameron, A. C. “Inference for Health Econometrics: Inference, Model Tests, Diagnostics, Multiple Tests and Bootstrap” Encyclopaedia of Health Economics, Volume: Health Econometrics. Ed. A.J. Culyer. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2014. 47-=–52.
- Cameron, A. C., and P. K. Trivedi. Regression Analysis of Count Data, Second Edition, Econometric Society Monograph No. 53. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, May 2013.
- Cameron, A. C., and P. K. Trivedi. Microeconometrics Using Stata, Stata Press. First edition, 2009, Revised First Edition, 2010. Second Edition, 2022.
- Cameron, A. C., and P. K. Trivedi. Microeconometrics: Methods and Applications. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Cameron, A.C. Analysis of Economics Data: An Introduction to Econometrics. Amazon: Kindle Direct Publishing, 2022.
A. Colin Cameron teaches in the areas of econometrics and health economics. He currently teaches the undergraduate courses Analysis of Economics Data and Health Economics and the graduate course Topics in Cross Section Econometrics. He has also taught graduate courses in Econometric Methods and Cross-Section Econometrics and undergraduate courses in Econometrics, Intermediate Microeconomics and Labor Economics.
Professor Cameron is an elected Fellow of the International Association for Applied Econometrics and an elected Senior Fellow of the Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis. His work has received over 50,000 Google Scholar citations and includes a 2015 paper that is the most highly-cited article ever published in the Journal of Human Resources. He was awarded the Associated Students of UC Davis Excellence in Undergraduate Education Award in 2003-2004. He has also received from the Department of Economics at UC Davis the Thomas Mayer Distinguished Teaching Award in 2007 and the Steven M. Sheffrin Award for Contributions to Graduate Education in 2013.