- Ph.D., Economics, University of Texas, Austin, 2011
- M.S., Economics, University of Texas, Austin, 2008
- B.A., Economics, Fudan University, Shanghai, 2006
Shu Shen has expertise in econometric theory, applied econometrics and applied microeconometrics.
Professor Shen conducts research in applied microeconometrics and product differentiation.
- Shen, S., and Abrevaya, J. "Estimation of Censored Panel-data Models with Slope Heterogeneity." Journal of Applied Econometrics (2014).
Shu Shen teaches courses in analysis of economic data, econometrics, and cross-sectional econometrics (for doctoral students).
- Individual Research Grant, UC Davis Institute for Social Sciences, 2014
- Travel grant, University of California, Davis, 2014
- Small research grant, University of California, Davis, 2012–2014
- Organizer, All-California Econometric Conference, 2012
- Hale Fellowship, University of Texas at Austin, 2008